One lucky winner will receive a $250 cash prize this football season — and he or she doesn’t have to take any hard hits on the field to collect.
Readers need only follow the clues, which will be published in The Anson Record weekly through Oct. 24, find the football and collect the money. Clues will also be available inside participating sponsors’ businesses 24 hours before they appear in the newspaper. Those participating businesses are: Badcock Home Furniture, Wadesboro Chiropractic, PA, H.W. Little Hardware, Burger King of Wadesboro, La Fogata and Italia Cafe. The football will be hidden somewhere on public property within the county.
The official rules are as follows:
1) The FOOTBALL is located on property open to the public.
2) The person finding the FOOTBALL must bring it to The Anson Record office during regular business hours. In addition to bringing the FOOTBALL, you must bring the official authenticity form located with the FOOTBALL.
3) Claiming prizes authorizes the newspaper to use your name and picture in the newspaper.
4) One clue will be announced in the paper each of the days the ad runs (six times).
5) Clues will be posted at participating stores 24 hours BEFORE they are published in the newspaper.
6) In the event no one finds the FOOTBALL — Ads will run one additional time, free of charge with a clue that directs people to the FOOTBALL.
7) The FOOTBALL will be visible without moving any permanent structures. It may be slightly covered by grass or leaves, but it is not guaranteed that it will not be covered by debris.
8) There is only one authentic Anson Record Golden FOOTBALL.
9) Clues are available only by purchasing the paper or stopping by participating stores.
If someone finds the FOOTBALL early (before the fourth clue runs) — we’ll accept entries from an entry blank published on each additional ad, until all six ads have run. This will be a second chance drawing for $50.