Deadline is 3 p.m., the Thursday prior to publication. Calendar items must be complete and correct when submitted. Items must be submitted on 8 1/2 x 11 (standard typing size) paper and include a contact telephone number.
• Greater Faith Church is looking for persons with stability and faithfulness to become a partner with the ministry. Call Pastor Spencer at 704-475-0074.
• House of Faith Outreach Ministries will change their service hours for the months of June, July and August. Sunday school will begin at 8:30 a.m. and morning worship will begin at 9:30 a.m.
• Greater Deliverance World Outreach in Peachland gives away free food Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:30 a.m. to noon, Wednesday nights at 9 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m. Please call the last Friday in each month to make an appointment from 11 a.m. to noon for food pick-up. If you have recently been unemployed, call on any Wednesday or Friday from 11 a.m. to noon. Please call 704-272-7866.
• Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church will have Vacation Bible School from 6-8 p.m.
• Kesler's Chapel A.M.E. Zion Church will have Vacation Bible School from 5-8 p.m.
• There will be a general conference at Greater St. Mark C.O.D. at 7 p.m. Saturday services from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and another at 7 p.m.
• The Anchormen, a gospel group from Goldsboro, will be in concert at Bethany Free Will Baptist Church at 7 p.m.
• Anson County Union, Auxiliary of the Woman's Baptist Home and Foreign Missionary Convention will hold the annual statewide Prayer Day at 11 a.m. at Parsons Grove Missionary Baptist Church.
• Red Hill Gospel Choir will celebrate its 35th anniversary at Red Hill Baptist Church at 7 p.m.
• Miracle Service at Greater Faith Apostolic Church of Jesus Christ in Lilesville at 3:30 p.m.
• The Young Southern Gospel Singers will celebrate their 12th anniversary at Flakes Chapel Baptist Church at 2 p.m.
• Lindsey Chapel Friendship Church of God will have the annual Missionary program at 3 p.m.
• The Rev. Jerry Tyson of McClain Grove Baptist Church will bring the message at Ebenezer Baptist Church's usher board's annual day at 3 p.m.
• New Jerusalem Gospel Choir will celebrate its anniversary at 2:30 p.m. at New Jerusalem Church.
• Forestville A.M.E. Zion Church will have its annual Men's Day program. It will begin at 2:30 p.m.
• Little Rock Tabernacle Holiness Church will have an appreciation service for Elder Roman Henry at 3 p.m.
• Powerhouse Church of Deliverance will have an appreciation service for Elder Jackson at 2:30 p.m.
• Reaching the Lost Church of God will have Vacation Bible School at 6 p.m.
June 29-July 2
• Vacation Bible School will be held from 6-8 p.m. at Saron Missionary Baptist Church.
• Garris Grove Missionary Baptist Church will have Vacation Bible School at 6 p.m.
• Cedar Creek Gospel Choir will celebrate its 45th anniversary at 3 p.m. at Cedar Creek Baptist Church.
• Reaching the Lost Church of God will have a youth revival at 7 p.m. each night.
• Little Rock Tabernacle Holiness Church will have Vacation Bible School at 6:30 p.m. each night.
• First Baptist Church Sikes Avenue's missionary ministry will hold a non-perishable food and clothing community outreach from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. All are welcome.
• There will be an installation service for Bishop Arvester E. Lindsey at 4 p.m. at Rose of Sharon Friendship Church of God.
• Fairview Church of God will have a choir program at 3 p.m. All choirs are invited.
• Reaching the Lost Church of God will have a women's prayer breakfast. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
• Revival services will begin at Rose of Sharon Friendship Church of God. Sunday school at 10 a.m. followed by morning worship. Another service will be held Sunday at 3 p.m. Services will start nightly at 7:30 p.m.
• Reaching the Lost church of God has Sunday morning services at 11 a.m. Wednesday prayer is at 6:30 p.m. and Bible study is at 7 p.m. An evangelistic service is on the first and third Friday of each month.
• Lindsey Chapel Friendship Church of God holds Sunday school at 10 a.m. and morning worship at 11:15 a.m. On first Sundays, there is only morning worship at 8 a.m. Bible study is held every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. Noon prayer Tuesday.
• Savannah A.M.E. Zion Church, 518 Firetower Road, Lilesville, holds Bible Study and prayer meeting Tuesday at 6 p.m. The public is cordially invited.
• Greater St. Mark C.O.D. in Wadesboro holds Sunday school at 9:45 a.m. Sunday morning service at 11 a.m. Noon prayer each Tuesday.
• House of Faith Outreach Ministry has prayer every Thursday at 6:30 p.m. followed by Bible Study.
• Gatewood Station A.M.E. Zion Church has prayer meeting every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
• Saron Missionary Baptist Church has Sunday school at 9:45 a.m. and Worship at 11 a.m. Bible study is each Wednesday at 7 p.m.
• Harden's Park & Recreation Center will host morning services at 8 a.m. The pastor is Paul Ingram. The building is located behind Red Hill Baptist Church on 109-N.
• New Parkers Grove M.B.C. hosts a Women's Substance Abuse Class every Tuesday and Thursday from noon to 1 p.m. Contact Bishop W.R. Ellerbe at 704-695-2332 for details.
• West Deep Creek M.B.C. will have Bible study each Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
• Bible study is held every Tuesday night at Garris Grove Missionary Baptist Church at 7 p.m.
• A men’s prayer breakfast is held on the second Saturday of each month at 9 a.m. at Garris Grove Missionary Baptist Church.
• Little Rock Tabernacle Holiness Church, 500 Graham St., Wadesboro holds services every Friday night at 7:30 p.m.
• Parsons Grove M.B.C. holds worship service every Sunday at 8:30 a.m. or 11 a.m.
• Henderson Grove Missionary Baptist Church holds Bible study Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m.
• Cedar Creek Missionary Baptist Church holds Sunday school at 9:45 a.m. Morning worship is at 11 a.m. on Sundays, and prayer meeting and Bible study is each Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
• Greater Faith Apostolic Church of Jesus Christ, 7040 Vintage Road in Lilesville, holds the following services: Sunday school at 11 a.m.; worship at noon; Wednesday Evangelist at 6:30 p.m.; and Friday Prayer Bible Study at 6:30 p.m.
• Womble A.M.E. Zion Church has services every Sunday, with Sunday school at 10 a.m. and morning worship at 11 a.m. with the Rev. Yvette Caple. The church is located in Lilesville off Highway 145 South. Call 704-848-4976 for information.
• Calvary Episcopal Church in Wadesboro holds the following services: Beginning the first Sunday after Labor Day, the first, third and fifth Sundays of the month, Holy Eucharist will be at 11 a.m.; on the second and fourth Sundays of the month, morning prayer is at 11 a.m. Beginning June 3, on the first, third and fifth Sundays of the month, Holy Eucharist will be at 10 a.m.; on the second and fourth Sundays of the month, Holy Eucharist will be at 8 a.m. and morning prayer at 11 a.m. Throughout the year, Wednesday evening prayer will be at 5:45 p.m. Thursdays, Holy Eucharist will be at 7:15 a.m.
• The Greater Deliverance Food Pantry on Laccawanna Street in Peachland operates under the following schedule: Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to noon and 9-9:30 p.m.; Fridays, 10 a.m. to noon; and Sundays 1:30-2 p.m. Participants must call on Fridays, 11 a.m. to noon, to make an appointment. For more information or an appointment, call 704-272-7866.
• Evangelistic Outreach Center, U.S. 74 West, Polkton holds Bible Study every Tuesday night at 7 p.m. Prayer service begins at 6:30 p.m.
• Freedom Baptist Church, N.C. 218 near Peachland, has the following weekly services. Sunday: Sunday school at 10 a.m., worship hour at 11 a.m. and evening worship at 6 p.m.; and Wednesday: prayer service and children and youth ministries at 7 p.m.
• Word of Life members hold Sunday school at 10 a.m., worship at 11 a.m. and evening worship at 7 p.m. On Tuesdays, prayer is at 6:30 p.m., and Bible study is at 7 p.m. Friday fellowship is at 7 p.m.
• The First Baptist Church of Wadesboro on Lee Avenue has Sunday school at 9:45 a.m. and worship at 11 a.m. Sunday Bible study is at 7 p.m. Wednesday prayer service is at 7 p.m.
• Bessie Chapel has Bible study every Wednesday at 6 p.m.
• Harmony Community Church, near Peachland at the corner of Pulpwood Yard Road and Gold Mine Extension, has Sunday school at 10 a.m. and worship at 11 a.m. Prayer night services are Wednesdays at 7 p.m. For more information, call 704-272-7410.
• A Tools for Christian Living Academy will be held at 6 p.m. on the fourth Saturday of each month at New Piney Grove Ministries in Wadesboro.
• White Oak Grove M.B.C. holds Bible class each Monday evening at 6 p.m.
• A Bible study will be held each Wednesday night at 6:30 p.m. at Forestville A.M.E. Zion Church.
• Every Wednesday Red Hill Baptist Church will have Bible study at noon.
• Fellowship services will be held on Sunday afternoons beginning at 3 p.m., at Cecil Bishop A.M.E. Zion Church, on U.S. 52 North, Mockingbird Hill.
• Bible class Tuesdays at Lakeside Holiness Church, N.C. 109, north of Wadesboro, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
• Cedar Creek Baptist has Sunday school at 9:45 a.m.; morning worship at 11 a.m. and Prayer meeting and Bible study each Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
• East Rock Ford Missionary Baptist Church has a Sunday school teacher’s meeting every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
• On Sundays, North Wadesboro Baptist has intercessory prayer ministry at 9 a.m.; Sunday school at 9:45 a.m.; morning worship at 11 a.m.; and evening worship at 6:30. Prayer and praise service held at 7 p.m., Wednesdays.
• Lakeside Holiness Church holds Bible study every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. The church is on N.C. 109, north of Wadesboro.
• Cedar Creek Missionary Baptist Church holds Sunday school at 9:45 a.m.; Morning worship service at 11 a.m. and Prayer meeting and Bible study each Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
• Pastors are needed as volunteer chaplains at Anson Community Hospital. For information, contact Cynthia Furr at 704-695-3233.
• Bible study is held at 7 p.m., Thursdays, at the Bread of Heaven Outreach in Wadesboro’s Harlem Heights neighborhood.
• Bible study and prayer service are held each Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. at Centenary A.M.E. Zion.
• Prayer meeting will be held at Ramsey Chapel Church Tuesdays, 6-8 p.m.
• Bible study is held at 7 p.m., Tuesdays at the Evangelistic Outreach Center in Polkton.
• Morning services are held at 11 a.m. every Sunday at Cecil Bishop A.M.E. Zion Church, at 55-I Mockingbird Hill, U.S. 52, north of Wadesboro.
• Flat Rock Missionary Baptist Church holds worship service the first through fourth Sunday of each month. Sunday school starts at 9:30 a.m. and worship at 11 a.m. Wednesday prayer Bible study begin at 6:30 p.m.
• Centenary A.M.E. Zion, U.S. 74 east of Lilesville, holds Bible class Wednesdays, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
• The Resurrection Christian Church holds services: Sunday school at 9 a.m. and worship at 9:45 a.m. For more, call 704-618-0919 or 704-535-1413.
• The Garris Grove men’s fellowship breakfast will be held the second Saturday each month, at 9 a.m. All men are invited.
• Greater Faith Temple C.O.G. has prayer services on Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. and pastoral every Friday at 7:30 p.m.
• Cedar Grove Baptist Church Awana Clubs will meet every Sunday, 5-7 p.m. Activities are provided for ages 3-18.
• The Rev. R.A. Lisenby hosts Bible study and prayer meetings on Tuesday nights at 7 p.m. at Garris Grove Baptist. The church is five miles north of Wadesboro on N.C. 109.
• Flat Rock Missionary Baptist has morning worship service on the first, third and fourth Sunday of each month. Sunday school begins every Sunday at 9:30 a.m.
• Poplar Hill Baptist Church has Bible study every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m., taught by Min. Martha Nivens.
• The Rev. Andrew Chambers welcomes all to Forestville A.M.E. Zion Church in Lilesville for Bible class, Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
• Each Monday and Wednesday at 10 a.m., join the Sunshine Seniors in the Morven United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall for fun, fitness and fellowship, sponsored by the Anson Parish Nurse Ministry. Free blood pressure and weight checks, health care, diet information and light exercise are featured. Call 704-851-9828, or 704-695-3233 for more.
• North Wadesboro Baptist has the following services: Sunday school at 9:45 a.m., worship at 11 a.m. and 7 p.m., and Wednesday prayer and praise at 7 p.m. Call 704-694-3711 for more.
• Wadesboro First Baptist Church on Sikes Avenue has 11 a.m. Sunday worship and Wednesday prayer and Bible study at 6:30 p.m. This session is held at Heritage Hills nursing Home each month on the first Wednesday.
• Harris Chapel A.M.E. Zion Church sponsors a senior afternoon outreach, Wednesdays at 4. Activities include bingo, consumer education sessions and Refreshments. For more, call 704-848-4085 or 704-851-3990.
• Rev. James Smith Jr. welcomes all to Thomas Chapel A.M.E. Zion Church in Lilesville for Bible class, Tuesdays at 7 p.m.
• Rev. Harold Cross welcomes all to the Word of Life Church on U.S. 74 in Peachland. Services are Sunday at 10:30 a.m., Sunday school at 6 p.m. and worship service at 7 p.m. Tuesday prayer service is at 10 a.m., and Tuesday worship is at 7 p.m.
• Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church has prayer service and Bible study at 7 p.m., Wednesdays. Sundays are pastoral days.
• New Jerusalem Friendship Church of God, N.C. 52 South in Morven, has services the first and third Sunday of each month. Sunday school begins at 10 a.m., Morning worship is at 11:30. Bible class is Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.
• Freedom Baptist Church, N.C. 218, has the following weekly services. Sunday 10 a.m. Sunday school, 11 a.m. worship hour, 6 p.m. Evening worship. Wednesday, 7 p.m. prayer services and 7 p.m. children and youth ministries
• Wightman United Methodist Church in the Polkton-Burnsville area will have music and prayer as part of their “time for you”?program every Tuesday from 6-7 p.m.
• New Grove Missionary Baptist Church holds Sunday school at 9:45 a.m., morning worship at 11 a.m., Wednesday night prayer service at 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday night Bible study from 7-8:30 p.m. The pastor is Anthony Hooks.
• A soup kitchen is held on the first, second and third Thursday of every month from noon until 1 p.m., at Ebenezer Baptist Church Salisbury Street.
• Kesler Chapel A.M.E. Zion Church holds a prayer meeting and Bible study every Wednesday at 7 p.m. Church School is every Sunday at 9:45 a.m.