Deadline is 3 p.m., the Thursday prior to publication. Calendar items must be complete and correct when submitted. Items must be submitted on 8 1/2 x 11 (standard typing size) paper and include a contact telephone number.
• Greater Faith Church is looking for persons with stability and faithfulness to become a partner with the ministry. Call Pastor Spencer at 704-475-0074.
• Savannah A.M.E. Zion Church will have its annual Family and Friends Day at 3 p.m. Revival services will follow Monday through Wednesday. Services begin each night at 7:30 p.m.
• A revival will be held at Deep Creek Baptist Church at 6 p.m. each night.
• New Jerusalem Holiness Church will hold its spring revival at 7:30 p.m. each night.
• Little Rock Holiness Church will hold its spring revival.
• Johnson Chapel Holiness Church will celebrate the 16th anniversary of Bishop William E. Taylor. Services will be at 7:30 p.m. Friday and 11:45 a.m. and 3 p.m. Sunday.
• East Rock Ford Missionary Baptist Church will have its Rainbow Tea at 5 p.m. The colors are red, orange, yellow, blue, purple, green and white. There will be spiritual food, soul food, singing and praising.
• Believers Christian Center will hold an appreciation service for its pastor at 5 p.m. Saturday, and 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. Sunday.
• Cedar Creek Missionary Baptist Church will celebrate the Rev. Freddie Little and Sister Mamie Little's sixth anniversary at 3 p.m.
• Greater Faith Apostolic Church of Jesus Christ in Lilesville will have a service at 3:30 p.m. Apostle Joe Wilson of Rock of Deliverance in Florence, S.C., will be the speaker.
• Jackie Maske will preach her initial sermon at Saron Missionary Baptist Church in Polkton at 3 p.m.
• Red Hill Baptist Church will have a Men's Day program at 2:30 p.m.
• The 15th annual Family and Friends Day program will be celebrated at Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church at 3 p.m.
• Parson's Grove Missionary Baptist Church will host the "We Seek Him" mime ministry at 3 p.m.
• Little Rock Holiness Church will hold a candlelight service at 3 p.m.
• Flat Rock Youth Choir will celebrate its ninth anniversary at 2:30 p.m.
• New Hope Christian Faith Church Ministries will have a revival with services at 3 p.m. Sunday and 7:30 p.m. other nights.
• Long Pine Gospel Choir will celebrate its 36th anniversary at 2 p.m. at West Deep Creek Baptist Church.
• Mt. Carmel Baptist Church will hold spring revival. Sunday services at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. The service the other days will be held at 7 p.m.
• Greater St. Mark C.O.D. will have a building fund program at 7 p.m.
• The sixth annual women's conference will be held at Emmanuel Temple Church of God. May 1: prayer at 10-10:30 a.m. then classes on cooking, sewing, arts, crafts and scriptures. Service at 7:30 p.m. May 2: breakfast at Shoney's in Rockingham from 8:30-10 a.m. Workshop from 10:30 a.m. to noon. Service at 7:30 p.m. May 3: Sunday school 10-11 a.m. Service at 11 a.m. and at 6 p.m. The theme is "A Missionary's Journey for the Sanctified Believer."
• Evangelistic Outreach Center of Polkton's Rainbow Tea will be at 4 p.m. at the Anson High School cafeteria. There will be a sermon, skits, food and more. For more information, contact Alberta Cooper at 704-475-6261 or Paulette Cash at 704-851-9209.
• Johnson Chapel Holiness Church will celebrate Mayfest at 11:30 a.m. There will be food, games and activities.
• Savannah A.M.E. Zion church will have its annual usher program at 3 p.m.
• West Deep Creek M.B.C. will have its Friends and Family Day program at 2 p.m.
• An appreciation service will be held for the Rev. Charles H. Ford Sr. at East Rock Ford Baptist Church at 3 p.m.
• Forestville A.M.E. Zion Church will celebrate its annual "Friends & Family Day" at 2:30 p.m.
• Ramsey Chapel Holiness Church will have its annual program at 3 p.m. For more information, call Lula Spencer at 704-848-8433.
• Joshua Ellerbe's initial sermon will be at New Parker's Grove Missionary Baptist Church at 4 p.m.
• The annual missionary program will be held at Flat Rock Missionary Baptist Church at 2:30 p.m. Everyone is asked to wear white.
• West Deep Creek M.B.C. will have a youth conference at 2 p.m.
• Lindsey Chapel Friendship Church of God holds Sunday school at 10 a.m. and morning worship at 11:15 a.m. On first Sundays, there is only morning worship at 8 a.m. Bible study is held every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
• Savannah A.M.E. Zion Church, 518 Firetower Road, Lilesville, holds Bible study and prayer meeting Tuesday at 6 p.m. The public is cordially invited.
• Greater St. Mark C.O.D. in Wadesboro holds Sunday school at 9:45 a.m. Sunday morning service at 11 a.m. Noon prayer each Tuesday.
• House of Faith Outreach Ministry has prayer every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. and Bible study at 7:30 p.m.
• Gatewood Station A.M.E. Zion Church has prayer meeting every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
• Saron Missionary Baptist Church has Sunday school at 9:45 a.m. and Worship at 11 a.m. Bible study is each Wednesday at 7 p.m.
• Harden's Park & Recreation Center will host morning services at 8 a.m. The pastor is Paul Ingram. The building is located behind Red Hill Baptist Church on 109-N.
• New Parkers Grove M.B.C. hosts a Women's Substance Abuse Class every Tuesday and Thursday from noon to 1 p.m. Contact Bishop W.R. Ellerbe at 704-695-2332 for details.
• West Deep Creek M.B.C. will have Bible study each Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
• Bible study is held every Tuesday night at Garris Grove Missionary Baptist Church at 7 p.m.
• A men’s prayer breakfast is held on the second Saturday of each month at 9 a.m. at Garris Grove Missionary Baptist Church.
• Little Rock Tabernacle Holiness Church, 500 Graham St., Wadesboro holds services every Friday night at 7:30 p.m.
• Parsons Grove M.B.C. holds worship service every Sunday at 8:30 a.m. or 11 a.m.
• Henderson Grove Missionary Baptist Church holds Bible study Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m.
• Cedar Creek Missionary Baptist Church holds Sunday school at 9:45 a.m. Morning worship is at 11 a.m. on Sundays, and prayer meeting and Bible study is each Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
• Greater Faith Apostolic Church of Jesus Christ, 7040 Vintage Road in Lilesville, holds the following services: Sunday school at 11 a.m.; worship at noon; Wednesday Evangelist at 6:30 p.m.; and Friday Prayer Bible Study at 6:30 p.m.
• Womble A.M.E. Zion Church has services every Sunday, with Sunday school at 10 a.m. and morning worship at 11 a.m. with the Rev. Yvette Caple. The church is located in Lilesville off Highway 145 South. Call 704-848-4976 for information.
• Calvary Episcopal Church in Wadesboro holds the following services: Beginning the first Sunday after Labor Day, the first, third and fifth Sundays of the month, Holy Eucharist will be at 11 a.m.; on the second and fourth Sundays of the month, morning prayer is at 11 a.m. Beginning June 3, on the first, third and and fifth Sundays of the month, Holy Eucharist will be at 10 a.m.; on the second and fourth Sundays of the month, Holy Eucharist will be at 8 a.m. and morning prayer at 11 a.m. Throughout the year, Wednesday evening prayer will be at 5:45 p.m. Thursdays, Holy Eucharist will be at 7:15 a.m.
• The Greater Deliverance Food Pantry on Laccawanna Street in Peachland operates under the following schedule: Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to noon and 9-9:30 p.m.; Fridays, 10 a.m. to noon; and Sundays 1:30-2 p.m. Participants must call on Fridays, 11 a.m. to noon, to make an appointment. For more information or an appointment, call 704-272-7866.
• Evangelistic Outreach Center, U.S. 74 West, Polkton holds Bible Study every Tuesday night at 7 p.m. Prayer service begins at 6:30 p.m.
• Freedom Baptist Church, N.C. 218 near Peachland, has the following weekly services. Sunday: Sunday school at 10 a.m., worship hour at 11 a.m. and evening worship at 6 p.m.; and Wednesday: prayer service and children and youth ministries at 7 p.m.
• Word of Life members hold Sunday school at 10 a.m., worship at 11 a.m. and evening worship at 7 p.m. On Tuesdays, prayer is at 6:30 p.m., and Bible study is at 7 p.m. Friday fellowship is at 7 p.m.
• The First Baptist Church of Wadesboro on Lee Avenue has Sunday school at 9:45 a.m. and worship at 11 a.m. Sunday Bible study is at 7 p.m. Wednesday prayer service is at 7 p.m.
• Bessie Chapel has Bible study every Wednesday at 6 p.m.
• Harmony Community Church, near Peachland at the corner of Pulpwood Yard Road and Gold Mine Extension, has Sunday school at 10 a.m. and worship at 11 a.m. Prayer Night services are Wednesdays at 7 p.m. For more information, call 704-272-7410.
• A Tools for Christian Living Academy will be held at 6 p.m. on the fourth Saturday of each month at New Piney Grove Ministries in Wadesboro.
• White Oak Grove M.B.C. holds Bible class each Monday evening at 6 p.m.
• A Bible study will be held each Wednesday night at 6:30 p.m. at Forestville A.M.E. Zion Church.
• Every Wednesday Red Hill Baptist Church will have Bible study at noon.
• Fellowship services will be held on Sunday afternoons beginning at 3 p.m., at Cecil Bishop AME Zion Church, on U.S. 52 North, Mockingbird Hill.
• Bible Class Tuesdays at Lakeside Holiness Church, N.C. 109, north of Wadesboro, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
• Cedar Creek Baptist has Sunday school at 9:45 a.m.; morning worship at 11 a.m. and Prayer meeting and Bible study each Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
• East Rock Ford Missionary Baptist Church has a Sunday school teacher’s meeting every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
• On Sundays, North Wadesboro Baptist has intercessory prayer ministry at 9 a.m.; Sunday school at 9:45 a.m.; morning worship at 11 a.m.; and evening worship at 6:30. Prayer and praise service held at 7 p.m., Wednesdays.
• Lakeside Holiness Church holds Bible study every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. The church is on N.C. 109, north of Wadesboro.
• Cedar Creek Missionary Baptist Church holds Sunday school at 9:45 a.m.; Morning worship service at 11 a.m. and Prayer meeting and Bible study each Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
• Pastors are needed as volunteer chaplains at Anson Community Hospital. For information, contact Cynthia Furr at 704-695-3233.
• Bible study is held at 7 p.m., Thursdays, at the Bread of Heaven Outreach in Wadesboro’s Harlem Heights neighborhood.
• Bible study and prayer service are held each Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. at Centenary A.M.E. Zion.
• Prayer meeting will be held at Ramsey Chapel Church Tuesdays, 6-8 p.m.
• Bible study is held at 7 p.m., Tuesdays at the Evangelistic Outreach Center in Polkton.
• Morning services are held at 11 a.m. every Sunday at Cecil Bishop A.M.E. Zion Church, at 55-I Mockingbird Hill, U.S. 52, north of Wadesboro.
• Flat Rock Missionary Baptist Church holds worship service the first through fourth Sunday of each month. Sunday School starts at 9:30 a.m. and worship at 11 a.m. Wednesday prayer Bible study begin at 6:30 p.m.
• Centenary A.M.E. Zion, U.S. 74 east of Lilesville, holds Bible class Wednesdays, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
• The Resurrection Christian Church holds services: Sunday school at 9 a.m. and worship at 9:45 a.m. For more, call 704-618-0919 or 704-535-1413.
• The Garris Grove men’s fellowship breakfast will be held the second Saturday each month, at 9 a.m. All men are invited.
• Greater Faith Temple C.O.G. has prayer services on Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. and pastoral every Friday at 7:30 p.m.
• Cedar Grove Baptist Church Awana Clubs will meet every Sunday, 5-7 p.m. Activities are provided for ages 3-18.
• The Rev. R.A. Lisenby hosts Bible study and prayer meetings on Tuesday nights at 7 p.m. at Garris Grove Baptist. The church is five miles north of Wadesboro on N.C. 109.
• Flat Rock Missionary Baptist has morning worship service on the first, third and fourth Sunday of each month. Sunday school begins every Sunday at 9:30 a.m.
• Poplar Hill Baptist Church has Bible study every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m., taught by Min. Martha Nivens.
• The Rev. Andrew Chambers welcomes all to Forestville A.M.E. Zion Church in Lilesville for Bible class, Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
• Each Monday and Wednesday at 10 a.m., join the Sunshine Seniors in the Morven United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall for fun, fitness and fellowship, sponsored by the Anson Parish Nurse Ministry. Free blood pressure and weight checks, health care, diet information and light exercise are featured. Call 704-851-9828, or 704-695-3233 for more.
• North Wadesboro Baptist has the following services: Sunday school at 9:45 a.m., worship at 11 a.m. and 7 p.m., and Wednesday prayer and praise at 7 p.m. Call 704-694-3711 for more.
• Wadesboro First Baptist Church on Sikes Avenue has 11 a.m. Sunday worship and Wednesday prayer and Bible study at 6:30 p.m. This session is held at Heritage Hills nursing Home each month on the first Wednesday.
• Harris Chapel A.M.E. Zion Church sponsors a senior afternoon outreach, Wednesdays at 4. Activities include bingo, consumer education sessions and Refreshments. For more, call 704-848-4085 or 704-851-3990.
• Rev. James Smith Jr. welcomes all to Thomas Chapel A.M.E. Zion Church in Lilesville for Bible class, Tuesdays at 7 p.m.
• Rev. Harold Cross welcomes all to the Word of Life Church on U.S. 74 in Peachland. Services are Sunday at 10:30 a.m., Sunday school at 6 p.m. and worship service at 7 p.m. Tuesday prayer service is at 10 a.m., and Tuesday worship is at 7 p.m.
• Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church has prayer service and Bible study at 7 p.m., Wednesdays. Sundays are pastoral days.
• New Jerusalem Friendship Church of God, N.C. 52 South in Morven, has services the first and third Sunday of each month. Sunday school begins at 10 a.m., Morning worship is at 11:30. Bible class is Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.
• Freedom Baptist Church, N.C. 218, has the following weekly services. Sunday 10 a.m. Sunday school, 11 a.m. worship hour, 6 p.m. Evening worship. Wednesday, 7 p.m. prayer services and 7 p.m. children and youth ministries
• Wightman United Methodist Church in the Polkton-Burnsville area will have music and prayer as part of their “time for you”?program every Tuesday from 6-7 p.m.
• New Grove Missionary Baptist Church holds Sunday school at 9:45 a.m., Morning Worship at 11 a.m., Wednesday Night Prayer Service at 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday Night Bible Study from 7-8:30 p.m. The pastor is Anthony Hooks.
• A soup kitchen is held on the third Thursday of every month from noon until
2 p.m., at Ebenezer Baptist Church Salisbury Street.
• Kessler Chapel A.M.E. Zion Church holds a prayer meeting and Bible study every Wednesday at 7 p.m. Church School is every Sunday at 9:45 a.m.