Rep. Mark Brody has shared news from his office for the month of March.
Land Development Committee
The Committee on Land Development had its third meeting this month where members discussed a number of potential solutions to prevent the adverse situation caused by land development projects that become abandoned as the result of a defunct developer.
Food Desert Zones Committee
The Food Desert Zones Committee met for the third time and further discussed possible alternative means to get local grown fresh fruits and vegetables to underserved areas in our state. The emphasis was on privately funded solutions instead of government funded.
Mechanics Liens Committee
The Mechanics Liens Committee met for the third time to address areas in the current legislation dealing with the mechanics lien process that have become problematic.
Common Core State Standards Committee
The Common Core State Standards Committee met for the third time. The meeting was completely dedicated to public comment. Over 75 people commented. either for or against, on the current status of common core as an educational standard in North Carolina.
Economic Development & Global Engagement Oversight Committee Meeting
The Economic Development & Global Engagement Oversight Committee met for their third monthly meeting and committee members heard further comments and clarification on the Governor’s plans for the new Commerce Department.
Raleigh Meetings and Events
- Meeting with NC DMV- Commissioner Thomas
- Meeting with Department of Agriculture- Commissioner Troxler and Joy Hicks
- Meeting with Department of Commerce- Susan Fleetwood, Dr. Mitchell, and Ashley Jones
- Meeting with NC League of Municipalities
- Meeting with NC Autism Society
- Meeting with NC Inspections Department
- Meeting with NC DOT
- NCHE Leadership Summit Event
Union County Meetings & Events
- Waxhaw Town Hall
- Farm Bureau Meeting
- School board/county commission meeting
- Chamber of Commerce- Elected Officials Event
- Union 4-H Dancing in the Clover Event
Anson County Meetings & Events
- Peachland Town Hall
- NCDA & SPCC Agrarian Society — Farmers Meeting
- TAC Meeting at SPCC
- Chamber of Commerce meeting
- Anson 4-H Clover Crawl Event
Office of Rep. Mark Brody
District 55, Anson and Union County
2219 Legislative Building — Raleigh, NC
Raleigh Office: 919-715-3029
District Office: 704-575-5906
Email contacts: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org