Anson County Parks and Recreation will be having youth basketball registration starting Oct. 2.
The absolute deadline to register is Friday, Oct. 27. ACPR has teams for the following grades: kindergarten through second, third through fourth, fifth through sixth, seventh through ninth, and 10th through 12th grade.
The cost of registration is $25. Parents can register their students at the Little Park office on Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. The office is located at 845 Airport Road in Wadesboro.
ACPR will also be at other locations to register students:
• Oct. 3, 10 — Wadesboro Walmart from 3-5 p.m.
• Oct. 17 — Wadesboro Primary from 2-3:30 p.m.
• Oct. 18 — Wadesboro Elementary from 2-3:30 p.m.
• Oct. 19 — Peachland-Polkton Elementary from 2-3:30 p.m.
• Oct. 24 — Ansonville Elementary from 2-3:30 p.m.
• Oct. 25 — Morven Elementary from 2-3:30 p.m.
• Oct. 26 — Ansonville Elementary from 2-3:30 p.m.
Parents and students can also register at the website at www.co.anson.nc.us and send it by email. For more information, contact Jeff Waisner at 704-695-2550, Wendell Small at 704-695-2782, or Morris Gatewood at 704-694-5751.