February 5, 2014
Several weeks ago, I had the opportunity to go into the Department of Social Services in Wadesboro. I have never been so shocked in my life.
I am so surprised to see that the Anson County Commissioners are allowing employees to work in the building.
Office workers are literally so packed into the building, it in my opinion, is very dangerous. Mr. Fire Inspector: “Have you made an inspection recently?” Apparently not because you would have condemned the building. I am sure it is a fire hazard.
Mr. Gatewood, I suggest that you carry the Board of Commissioners on a walk-through of the building; but make sure the weather is warm because they may get a little cool.
My suggestion… tear the building down and build one that will house the employees and provide ample parking. I am sure it is one of the most highly used facilities in Anson County.
Katherine M. Kendall