Shelter seeks homes for pets
Students take stand against drugs with poster contest
NC native comes to Anson for free jazz concert
Ansonville hosts ‘Reading Night’
Helping those in a cycle of domestic violence
- Sturdivant to speak at Lanesboro - 5:04 pm
- Changes coming to police department fleet - 3:41 pm
- Family establishes Richmond Community College scholarship in memory of Joshua Michael Lamm - 3:51 pm
- McInnis shadows principal - 3:41 pm
- Free memory screenings - 3:14 pm
- A leader on and off the field - 1:49 pm
- Anson County gains public health educator - 12:52 pm updated: 1:17 pm.
- Anson Co. Deputies: Woman had meth, marijuana - 12:23 pm
- RCC offering free grant-writing workshop - 8:42 pm
- Dove: Domestic violence ‘does happen here’ - 3:03 pm
- Toys for Tots gears up for another year - 4:01 pm
- Sheriff offers Halloween safety tips - 3:35 pm
- Anson elementary students to walk track at game - 3:26 pm
- 2 charged in Deep Creek break-in, larceny - 2:34 pm
- Court documents: Defendant accused of attempted murder claims to hear voices - 12:16 pm
- Voter sign-in going digital this year - 11:23 am
- Anson County volunteers brave bad weather for Day of Caring - 4:35 pm
- Beginning of a new tapestry - 1:49 pm
- Law professor rallies Anson Democrats at banquet - 4:27 pm
- Anson Co. Schools bus garage earns top safety ranking - 3:15 pm
- Schools, 4-H teaming up - 12:24 pm
- Ministry: God led us to Wadesboro - 2:16 pm
- Sixth-graders’ move among Anson County Schools’ changes for new year - 12:13 pm
- Parks and Rec registering for basketball - 11:30 am
- UNC law professor to headline Democrat gala - 8:15 pm
Dove: Domestic violence ‘does happen here’
The Anson County Domestic Violence Coalition hosted a candlelight vigil Oct. 26 for the victims who have lost their lives to domestic violence.Gail Do...
Toys for Tots gears up for another year
The Toys for Tots 2017 Christmas campaign kick-off was held at 11 a.m. Oct. 8 at Pleasant Hill Missionary Baptist Church, Morven.The Toys for Tots Fou...
Sheriff offers Halloween safety tips
Soon Anson County streets will be scattered with little ghosts, goblins and witches trick-or-treating this Halloween.“Halloween should be filled...
Anson elementary students to walk track at game
Anson County Schools is having Elementary School Night and Pink Out Night where students are encouraged to wear pink or school spirit gear to show sup...
2 charged in Deep Creek break-in, larceny
Two men are facing felony theft charges following a short chase with Anson County deputies.According to a press release from the Anson County Sheriff&...
Court documents: Defendant accused of attempted murder claims to hear voices
Terressa Powell, accused of the attempted murder of Richard Honeycutt, has now been committed to Central Regional Hospital for examination after claim...
Anson High School coach, athletes recap track and field season
Anson High School’s track and field season came to an end on Saturday, May 20 at N.C. A&T University.The Bearcats had three girls participat...
Living his dream: Morven native joins Saudi hoops team
SAFWA, SAUDI ARABIA — Diondre Pratt always dreamed of playing professional basketball. Now, he is, and is enjoying traveling the world.Pratt, 22...
Benny Parsons forever remembered as he’s inducted into NASCAR Hall of Fame
CHARLOTTE — Benny Parsons didn’t want the people to forget about him.Before the former NASCAR driver and analyst passed away from his batt...
Bearcats split games at Richmond
ROCKINGHAM — The Anson County boys and girls varsity basketball teams split their season openers last Tuesday, Nov. 29, when they traveled to Ro...
Middle-school Anson Bearcats win football conference championship
The Anson Middle School Bearcats finished up their historic season Nov. 16 by defeating Spring Hill Middle School and winning the conference champions...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
The man with the wooden leg
One day while watching through our doorway, I saw a man in grey work clothes drive up to the School Shop on a little red tractor. It might have been a...
The Dixon Bros.: ‘I didn’t hear nobody pray’
Before I get started on this final part of my story on the Dixon Brothers, let me correct myself from something I wrote about last week. The correctio...
McLeod recognizes radiology tech
CHERAW, S.C. — McLeod Health Cheraw is pleased announces the recipient of the September 2017 McLeod Merit Award.Wayne Wilson, McLeod Radiology t...
Groupthink and the Challenger explosion
Look at the picture. There you see a monument to human ingenuity and patience — and at the same time, one to human frailty.The solid-fuel rocket...
‘Weave Room Blues:’ Story of the Dixon Brothers
Seems when we hear someone sing or tell a story it means more if these people have actually experienced the events. In other words, it comes from the ...
Halloween history and alternatives to trick-or-treating
Halloween is one of the oldest of the holidays which we celebrate. It’s actually the second favorite holiday, with Christmas being the No. 1 fav...
Protesters could learn from Chisolm’s example
Most undocumented aliens in our country are decent, moral folks, happy enough to work hard, avoid unnecessary attention, and earn a better life than t...
LETTER: Prison issues should be addressed
To the editor: The North Carolina Police Benevolent Association is the largest law enforcement association in North Carolina. We are supporting Rep. B...
Should we worry about monopolies?
One of my favorite games as a child was Monopoly. On a Saturday morning, my mother would announce, “Tonight is Monopoly night.” That eveni...
Something wonderful behind the prison walls of Lanesboro
Sometimes a piece of distressing news gets out about the Lanesboro Correctional Institute. After all, they are housing the most difficult and hardened...
LETTER: How would the world look without US involvement?
To the editor:Readers should pause at Robert Lee’s Sept. 23 assertion that “America does not need, nor … want, the responsibility th...
TAR HEEL VIEW: To honor Constitution, Congress should raise bar for legal footnotes
Congress could do more than pay lip service to the U.S. Constitution on the 230th anniversary of its signing this past Sunday.If they’re serious...